Sunday, February 9, 2014

First and foremost

To start this quite the MBA way, let me first mention the objective of this blog. 

1. Whatever I put down on this blog are my own reflections and does not intend to inadvertently hurt any individual or institution's feelings.

2. This can be used as reference for someone wanting to attempt the GMAT and then eventually target a b-school of their choice.

3. The cases discussed here are figments of my own imagination.

4. The characters might be real, but I will try my best to mask their real identities.


I will use the business model canvas, or at least part of it to specify the:

1. Intended Readers
2. Identify Key Partners
3. Identify the value proposition
4. Identify the channel
5. Identify the intended reader relations
6. Identify the key resources
7. Identify the revenue streams
8. Identify the activities
9. Identify the key costs

Now for Intended Readers, Relations and value:

1. The B-School students who wish to read something and: just smile, laugh, violently react, tear their hair in frustration, and/ or wish to buy a shotgun. I would love to, though, hear your reactions.

2. The B-School profs who wish to know a little bit more than they ought to, about what goes on in the class while they are lecturing us and/ or facilitating a session. It would be nice, if you said you do not know me, and subsequently just leave me a message.

3. The corporates, who wish to give me a job, though I think after reading this, they might be lost in their own sea of thought or worse, might re-think that job offer that I so desperately seek. Well, in the case that you seem to like what I write, please feel free to message me/ email me.

4. BeatTheGMAT folks, who might be aspiring to go get that MBA and/ or just want to validate that blog. In case you like what you see, a mention on your website would do me a world of good. Especially since I like seeing my name when I type it on google showing up in places I least expect it to.

5. The general public who have nothing better in the world to do except for search for obscure stuff on Google and might accidentally stumble upon this ridiculous bit of literature. If this blog helps you in any way, have no fear, share away and leave a comment.

Key Partners and Key Resources:

"There is no spoon"
- Morpheus, in the movie Matrix.

Ergo, there is no key partner. 

As for the Key Resource, yes, its me. Not a tree, or a Toy2R doll. Its just, me. If it helps, I can look up pictures of hot women reading a blog and post it here to say they are contributors, but apart from being booked for blatant wrong-doing and perhaps, a marketing gimmick, I see no other value to declaring anyone else as a partner. More so, since there is, quite frankly, none.

Channel and Costs (Revenue Streams):

You can subscribe to me. But I doubt you'd want to admit that you read my blog among your social circles. People might think you are just another 30 year old who is pretending to be 55. So cutting to the chase, except for actually reading this online, I doubt if you could do anything else.

The only thing it would cost me is time to write this, and for you, it would take time to read this. I ask for nothing more. Just your time.

I earn nothing from this blog. But only credit time. Debit what comes in, credit what goes out. So Credit Time. Hence, (Revenue). So no, I am not earning diddly squat from this.

Activity:

I will blog. You will read/ Comment/ Share/ Like/ Recommend this if you like it. That is about it.



...thank you.

(word count: 656)


Special Mention: I do not own the Business Model Canvas. I am just talking about it. It is owned by Alexander Osterwalder (wiki says so)





1 comment:

  1. Haha... Good stuff! Laughed out loud at the Matrix quote and the bit about the shotgun. :-) But jokes apart, I get what you're trying to say; two thumbs-up from me.

    ReplyDelete